9.02.2010

I'm Gonna Miss This

I've waited for my senior year forever. 6 years to be exact. And now that its finally here, I don't know what to think. It like,"Wow, all of those years of being in school, is going to be over in a matter of months."
So,by May of 2010, I'm going to have to complete my senior year, graduate and move out. But heres the thing, I'm not ready to graduate. I don't want to graduate,least just not yet.

These past few days, I've been thinking alot about past memories, all the friends that have come and gone, those times in elementary. I realize how much I've taken for granted, how much I've just let pass me by. I was in PE yesterday and saw the younger kids at recess and got to thinking:
How many times do we as kids, are begging for time to hurry up, so that we can be 'just like the big kids'? And then when you hear adults talk they're always saying that they would go back and do it all over again. It actually reminds me of the song, "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins. Because just like the song says, I am going to miss these years.

I've been told to make the best of this year, since its my last year of highschool. And thats what I plan on doing.

6 comments:

  1. Becky
    I think a lot of people feel the same way as you do. I really how you point out that little kids always want time to hurry up so that they can be older, but once they get to be "grown up", they wish they could turn back time. I also like how you worded the second paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,
    This is also my senior year, and I feel the same way. I see all those little kids who have no worries and they are so excited about being a grown up. Then there is us, we are worried about where we are going to school, what we are going to do, and how we are going to make money. I've wished so many times that I could go back and do things over. I don't think anybody is ever really ready to move out and be on their own. I understand what you are saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I'm also a senior. I have a 2 month old baby boy, so moving out is going to be a little different for me than you. However, I know exactly how you feel. I'm going to miss my friends, my family, I'm going to miss everything. When I think about leaving high school I realize it's time to get out in the world and further my life and education. It's bitter-sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky -
    I am also a senior, and I keep going back and forth on whether or not I am ready to move out and start the next chapter of my life. But I have heard that college is a great experience. It gives us a chance to meet new people and further our education. It gets us ready for life. So even though moving out might be sad or scary, it is necessary.
    And you said you realized how much you have taken for granted and let you pass by, and I too began thinking of those opportunities that I have missed out on and those chances that I will never get again. But in the end, the future is the focus. Learn from your mistakes. It is now senior year, and I am going to try and stop taking things for granted and enjoy every minute that i have left in high school.
    You probably will miss your classmates and maybe even just high school in general, but great, new things are coming your way. And i think that is something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I think many people can relate to this. I know I am relating to these feelings right now. It's a bittersweet feeling, you get to do so many things now, but you're leaving behind all of those things that got you to this point. I really liked what you said about being little and wanting to be a big kid. I remember that feeling and now I am that big kid, and at sometimes I wish I could go back to being little life was so much simpler then. We are going to miss this, but we have so much to look forward to now, the rest of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, am a senior. As I recall, when I was a child, I wanted to be just like the big kids. But now that I'm 18 years old, an adult in the real world, I would love to go back and start over on day one. It's such a crazy thought that we will all be on our own this time next year. But just remember, just because you move away doesn't mean you'll be forgotten. Your friends and family will always love you and they will miss you each day. Although it will be hard to leave, I like to think that it's not goodbye, it's see you later. This post was very touching.

    ReplyDelete