12.02.2010

What Do You See?



Look at the picture above.
What does it make you think of?


I was just surfing around on the internet the other night and accidentally came across this picture. 
It made me think of a song that I had written a while back,which I titled "Fast Lane"


"Fast Lane"


Life goes by so fast,

Like a car speeding down the road,
Leaving dust in its trail.
I’ve always wanted to grow up,
Take the fast lane for once,
Leave everything behind
Questions run through my head daily,
What do I do with my life,
How do I get there?
No one can say that they know all the answers,
Unless you have the answer key,
Which would be out of date not long after you picked it up.

Life goes by so fast,
We should all take sometime to think things through
Like a blurred image in a window,
Like the wind blowing in your face,
Don’t take life by the fast lane,
Life is not a race.

Everybody screws up in life,
No one is perfect, not even you.
Don’t try to win the race,
You know you never will.
Time is not worth fighting against
So take life by the wheel.

No one is watching so go ahead,
Take the wheel.
Make sure you have control,
Don’t give up just yet.
Step on the gas,
Hurry up , you’re almost there.
But don’t take life by the fast lane.

I really don't even remember why I wrote this song, its been about two years since I wrote it. But seeing that picture brought me back to this song. It made me think that sometimes in life, we need to let go of the past and just keep looking forward. 
We can;t let our pasts hold us back forever. As they say, "Your past is your past, its meant to be in the past."
And I vote that we should keep it that way.
In the past.

-JustMe-

P.S.- Feel free to comment, subscribe,follow,etc. I'd appreciate it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment